Sponsored charging is a Monta feature which allows companies to sponsor their employees to charge theirs EV at home.
The sponsored solution allows to get refunded every-time employee charges company car at home. A set reimbursement amount per kWh will be transferred from your employer's Wallet to your personal Wallet after every charge or at the end of month, as it is set up by the employer.
Find the correct Sponsored charge point flow
You need to first identify which flow applies to your use case. To do so, you can look in the Monta app.
Under navigation "Chargers" look at your charge point.
- Option A - If there is no label on the charge point, continue to this guide here.
- Option B - If you see a label "Sponsoring available" continue reading the current guide.
Request sponsoring from your employer
If you see a label "Sponsoring available" on your home charge point, this means that you can make a request for your employer to start sponsoring your charging sessions at home.
- Click on the settings wheel of your charge point
- Select "Sponsored charging"
- Click on "Request to get sponsored"
- Your request is now "Pending" - your employer needs to approve it
- The Sponsored charging is "Active" - you can start being sponsored when charging!
Start a Sponsored charge at home
Please note that Sponsored charging does not work with Auto features, including AutoStart and Auto SmartCharge.
- Open your charge point
- Set your charge as desired and click to "Continue"
- The first time you will get an info message - Click on "Got it"
- Make sure that the "Sponsored Wallet" is selected
- Slide to start charging!