What is AutoCharge?
AutoCharge is a a feature that allows EV drivers to start charging, just by plugging in their car.
In order for AutoCharge to work, it requires a specific type of charge point and it is only supported by certain car brands. You can read more about that here.
In the current guide, you will learn what is required from you, as an EV driver to start using AutoCharge.
1. Add your car to your Monta account
The first step you need to do is to just add your car to your Monta account.
It is not a requirement to integrate your car, so don't worry if your car cannot be integrated. All we need to know is the brand and model of the car, as well as the type of plug.
Please note that not all cars support AutoCharge, there are specific requirements, including having a CCS type cable.
- Under navigation to "Me" and click on "+Add car"
- Select the brand and model of the car
- In the integration step, you can click "Maybe later"
- Car integration is not needed for AutoCharge to work.
- Select the connector of the car
- Set the battery charge limit on the car
- Name the car and Save
2. Find charge points that support AutoCharge
On the Monta map, you can filter charge points that support AutoCharge.
- Select the "Map" tab and click on the filter icon
- On top, you can select the car that has the CCS type cable
- Scroll to the bottom and toggle on the "AutoCharge" filter
- Click on an available charge point on the map
- You will see an "AutoCharge" label on the charge points that support the feature
3. How to enable AutoCharge
AutoCharge is enabled by starting a charge session on a charge point that supports the feature.
IMPORTANT! You must plug in your car cable first!
In order to initiate the flow to enable AutoCharge, you must plug in your cable into the charge point first. If you pay for the charge through the Monta app, the system will not be able to use your car to enable the feature.
- Plug in your car cable
- The Monta app will immediately show if your car supports AutoCharge
- Click on "Tell me more"
- Carefully read how it works and click on "Activate AutoCharge"
- Read through the confirmation points
- In this step you need to confirm the payment method when AutoCharge is used
- Currently, only a bank card is accepted as a payment method
- If you have a bank card added in your Monta Wallet, the app will suggest it
- If you do not have a bank card added, you can follow the flow on screen
- Click on "Activate AutoCharge"
- Congrats! You can start using AutoCharge!
- Please note that AutoCharge is enabled per car. If you have more than one car, you need to enable it individually for each one.
4. How to charge with AutoCharge
After you have enabled AutoCharge, you are ready for the app-free, RFID-free charging experience!
All you need to do now is:
- Make sure you have enabled AutoCharge for your car
- Find a charge point with an "AutoCharge" label
- Plug in your car and start charging!
5. How to manage AutoCharge
In the Monta app you can manage AutoCharge.
- Under navigation "Me", click on your car to open the settings
- Select "AutoCharge"
- You can manage the AutoCharge payment method
- You can switch the bank card used for paying for AutoCharge sessions
- You can temporarily disable AutoCharge from the toggle
- If you are going to lend your car to someone else, we recommend to disable AutoCharge, so that other the other driver cannot use your bank card to automatically pay for charging.
- If needed, you can remove AutoCharge