What are Insights?Interested in getting an in-depth analysis of your charging, statistics of the average price per kWh, tracking your energy consumption or money saved? With Insights you can do all of this and much more! You can even see predictions on CO2 emissions or renewable energy available! In the Monta app, you can follow your consumption on both public and private charge points. This guide is focused on understanding Insights of charging on your personal charge point at home. Here, you can read more about understanding the consumption on your public charging.
Whether you are interested in saving money or lowering your CO2 emissions we have solution for you - SmartCharging! Learn how you can set up your charging preferences and enable SmartCharge feature on your charge point.
Your Insights will be based on preferences chosen for the SmartCharging. You will find here the forecasts when would be the best time to charge your car depending on your needs!
1. Click on the "Insights" tab
2. Select the charge pointOpen the drop down menu on top of the screen and select the private charge point you want to see.
3. Set a cost price for your charge pointYou can set up a cost price in the Monta app, so you can estimate how much the electricity consumption of the charge point is going to cost you. This number will just be used for calculating within the Insights section, it will not generate a transaction.
Click on the "Current price" tab
Set your electricity cost for chargingHere you can set up your electricity cost as Spot price or Fixed kWh price.
Set your electricity tariffs and costsSelect your Distribution System Operator (DSO). This is the company that transports the electricity to your home. Monta will automatically suggest the correct DSO, based on your charge point's location. This will determine the additional tariffs that are charged on top of your spot price. Click on "Advanced settings" to add other costs if you need to.
Set "Additional settings"If you have any additional costs, you can add them here. You can check this with your electricity provider. This will be accounted in the cost calculation. Remember to click on "Save".
4. See your Private charging InsightsHere, you can see different statics about your private consumption. Please note that there are 2 tabs with statistics. My sessions This tab is for the charges performed by your Monta account on the charge point. All sessions If you are sharing the charge point with other Team members or you have made it Public, we suggest to view this tab, as it will include all sessions by users that have charged on the charge points.
SessionsIf you click on the sessions section, you will see how many charges have been performed on your charge point.
UsedThe next section shows you how many kWh you have charged on your charge point, using Monta. Please note that if your charge point disconnected from Monta and you have charged outside of Monta, the charge will not appear in this summary. If you have any doubts about your consumption, reach out to our Support Team.
Electricity costThis is where you can see the estimated electricity cost for your charge point. This is the result of multiplying the cost group you have created in the previous step of this guide, by the kWh charged on the charge point for the month.
Avg. cost/ kWh
5. Private charging forecasts
You can click on each attribute to see more detailed information about your insights.